Friday, February 5, 2010

Fender Electric Gig Bag Review



As mentioned before, I've been waiting on my gig bag to arrive - and it has! I have to say - this is a quality product - hell, the box that it came in was worth at least 50% of the price (no kidding - I'm using it to store cables and whatnot). At $19.99 this thing is an honest steal! So far, all of the products featured on my blog have received a 5-star rating, and this bag fits all of them - mini amp and all, so I'm going to go ahead and give IT a 5-star rating. Here ya go:

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

On with the review. I really like the fact that this bag is lightweight, but there could be a little more padding. If you're planning on taking a really expensive guitar on a long trip, and it's not under your care at all times, then you might want to go with something with a little more insulation. It's perfect for me, though - I stay local for the most part, and I don't plan on letting it or my guitar out of my sight... if I go to the airport, I'll go with a hard case - but this will do... Perfect.

I have to say that my favorite feature of this bag is the backpack-style straps. Having your guitar securely strapped to your back is not only the easiest way possible to carry your guitar, it's also the safest - no need to worry about slamming your fretboard into walls when you walk through doors anymore! There is a regular carrying handle as well, if you like to carry your instrument like a briefcase. There are two reinforced zippers on the main compartment of the bag, so it's unlikely that they'll be breaking anytime soon - this whole thing is put together well.


Of course there's also the pocket in the front of the bag which is big enough to fit all or at least most of your accessories. I can fit my Fender Mini amp in there along with my tuner, gripmaster, cables and whatever else I may want to throw in there. This bag has plenty of room. Overall, I'm sure there are better out there, but for the price, this bag is legit. I'd definitely suggest this product.



peAce

0 comments from deh people: