Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Fender Mini Tone Master Review




Recently I stopped by my local Guitar Center to pick up a new mini amp for my late-night practice sessions. Since I'm still learning, there's no need for a really big amp or anything fancy, and I like the portability, so that's what I'm going with for now. As you can see by the picture above, it isn't very big - actually the dimensions are:

  • 160mm/6.3 in. (HEIGHT)
  • 171mm/6.7 in. (WIDTH)
  • 57.5mm/2.3 in. (DEPTH)
The rest of the specifications are:

  • WEIGHT: 500g (1.1 lb)
  • POWER OUTPUT: 1W RMS
  • POWER CONSUMPTION: DC9V 006P BATTERYx1
  • SPEAKER COMPLEMENT: 3" HIGH BALANCE TYPEx2
This is a good thing if you live in a small apartment, or you live in an apartment building with lots of neighbors. You can adjust the sound to be just perfect for your personal use, or even use the included headphone jack so you can jam without disturbing your sleeping girlfriend.





The overall sound quality of this mini amp is excellent, and the volume gets pretty high, so it's definitely worth the small price tag ($39.99 at Guitar Center). I have had the pleasure of trying out other mini/micro amps, and so far, this one is the best.

It has a lot of kick for it's size, and the durability is excellent. It's powered by a 9-Volt battery, or an optional 9-Volt adapter (purchased separately, but you more than likely have one laying around the house). With Gain, Volume, and Tone controls, you have multiple settings as far as sound and distortion are concerned - it also features an independent on/off switch and LED (which is great for letting you know when your battery is about to die).


Another pretty cool feature of this little beast is the "kickstand" - located on the rear of the unit. If you place the Mini Tone Master on the floor, you're able to pull out the kickstand to lean the unit upward, thus creating a wider area for sound to travel across the room (no use in keeping the sound on the floor). It is made of metal, and is also sturdy in design, just like the rest of the unit.



I decided against going with the two-year warranty offered by Guitar Center for this product, only because I plan on buying another one as a backup anyway - it's that good! Besides, I don't feel that I should have to wait for a refund check for the purchase price of the amp just to have to cash it, and come in to buy another one anyway... screw dem apples. I'm pretty sure I'm leaving out a few details, but if you have any questions regarding this product or my opinion on this product, feel free to leave a comment. Overall, I'd have to give this product a 5-star rating. Good work, Fender!!




0 comments from deh people: