Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Pro Hands Review



Recently I ordered the Pro Hands hand exerciser from amazon (I actually got it for free, and I can show you how I did that if you're interested). The reason that I decided to pick one of these up is obvious - I'm a beginning guitarist, and I need to strengthen my hands and fingers. The strength of the fretting hand is of utmost importance, so I'm making sure I have all the power and stability I'm going to need for my journey ahead.

Because I ain't no sissy, and I'm far from a "muscle-neck", I chose the 7lb resistance model (the red one). It's perfect for all hand sizes, and the exercises designed for musicians definitely make for a good workout. There are other models available, each offering different resistance, and some being of a different design. It is ideal for the overall health and wellness of your hands, as well as training and development for sports and recreational activities, meaning anything that involves the hands - golf, shooting, fishing, football, yoga, computer, video gaming, etc. -- and it's comfortable!

Within a few days of owning this wonderful device, I noticed a difference in my finger speed and overall hand strength. I am able to do hammer-ons with my pinky finger a lot easier now, and my thumb no longer aches after an hour of practice with my guitar. The exercises get easier as time goes on, like with any other type of activity. You just have to keep with it, and you'll be on your way to faster fingers!

You can check out a full list of the products available at the Pro Hands website. The exercise chart is available in .pdf format here. Keep in mind that these exercises are meant to strengthen your hands for multiple purposes, so this will help me out with more than the guitar alone.

As far as how I managed to get this for free from amazon, check out a little site called points2shop - if you love to waste time on the internet, you might as well get something out of it...

"

I love this product, and I give it a 5-star rating!!

0 comments from deh people: